Domestic violence, rape, and sexual assault are often seen as “Women’s Issues.” The truth is we all have a role to play in ending violence against women and girls.
What is the MEN Challenge?
Center for Victims MEN challenge is an ongoing campaign, pledge and action plan to engage men in our work in Allegheny County. The MEN’s pledge and action plan has been designed to encourage men to make a commitment to learn more about how to be a proactive bystander and speak out about violence against women and girls. Men receive a tool kit that will give them themed monthly activities and educational tips that can be used in their homes, workplaces, social networks and communities.
We believe that men DO want to be actively involved in violence prevention, but don’t know where to start or what to do. Center for Victims’ goal is to educate men and give them the tools and resources necessary to use their voices and their actions to be social change agents.
Where Do I Start?
I want to join the Men Ending violeNce (MEN) Challenge, or I want to get involved in other ways. Where do I start?
- Click here to sign the pledge and join the MEN Challenge! By signing the pledge online you’ll receive monthly emails filled with resources, tips, and action steps that you can take to reduce violence throughout the year.
- Make a difference by supporting and participating in Center for Victims’ campaigns, appeals, and events
- Invite us in to your workplace or community group to do a presentation
Awards and Recognition
In recognition of excellence and leadership abilities, The MEN Challenge has been honored with the following awards:
• Outstanding Television Public Service Announcement 2015 – MEN Challenge PSA
• 36th Annual Telly Awards 2015 – Silver Award – MEN Challenge PSA