24 Hour Hotline for All Services: 1-866-644-2882
Active Media Advisories:
- CV started as a small grassroots organization over 42 years ago, and has grown into the largest, most comprehensive provider of victim services today.
- CV provides critical support and services to victims of all crimes, including-domestic violence, rape and sexual assault, child sexual assault and physical abuse, elder abuse, homicide, burglary and incidents of mass violence.
- CV staff is experienced and professional. Staff have numerous educational degrees and certifications, as well as continued ongoing training.
Center for Victims (CV) is a community based nonprofit organization and the largest, most comprehensive, inclusive provider of services, advocacy, and education for victims of all crime in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Serving Allegheny County and the Greater Pittsburgh region, CV’s mission is “Healing Trauma, supporting victims, and creating social change for a more peaceful community.” Our goal is to break the cycle of violence in our communities.
- 24 Hour Hotline-Crisis Intervention Counseling, Safety Planning, Referrals & Resources
- Domestic Violence Shelter, including assistance with Allegheny County’s Rapid Rehousing Program
- 24 Hour Medical Advocacy to Hospitals for Sexual Assault & Domestic Violence Victims, including assistance for EPFA’s and PFA’s
- 24 Hour Offender Release Notification
- Legal Advocacy/Court Accompaniment for Victims in Criminal Court, Juvenile Court & local Magisterial District Courts, includes Victim Rights Education & Victim Impact Statements
- Canine Advocacy Program
- Therapy- Individual, Family & Group
- Victims Compensation Assistance
- Victim Offender Dialogue (VOD)
- Conflict Resolution & Mediation Services, including staff designated for City of Pittsburgh Housing Authority residents & families working with CYF
- Healing Rivers Project
- Community Crisis Response Teams
- Community & Professional Trainings
- CV is a one stop shop, allowing clients to get the best combination of services to meet their needs regardless of age, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical disability or socioeconomic status.
- CV provides immediate access to their staff of experienced and trained professionals via our 24-hour Hotline.
- CV provides direct services to over 16,000 victims and provides training and education to another 35,000 individuals each year.
- CV Crime Victim Services are provided Free of Charge.
- CV provides a Trauma Informed Approach towards the impacts of trauma and the multifaceted and individual paths to healing. Therapeutic Modalities include, but are not limited to Art Therapy, EMDR, PCIT and CBT.
- Community Crisis Response- When a community crisis occurs, CV’s expertly trained teams of stand ready. As part of the Allegheny County crisis response team, CVs trusted expertise is counted on to work side by side with local, state, and federal responders to provide immediate critical services to those impacted . CV provides immediate on-site response for victims & witnesses, as well as staffing of victim hotlines and coordinated crisis response protocols with partner agencies and governmental authorities.
- Committees and Boards- CV works tirelessly for those impacted by violence and crime. We sit on numerous boards and committees, at local, state and national levels, to bring victim services to the forefront.
- CV is the largest filer of Victims Compensation Claims in the state of PA.
- CV’s Healing Rivers Project is the first of its kind. It offers a community space that showcases an interactive trauma exhibit and offers programming such as Yoga, Nutrition/Healthy Eating, and Sensory Rooms.
- CV is located in the Southside of Pittsburgh. Additional satellite offices are located in the City of Pittsburgh & Allegheny County Police Headquarters, as well as at the Child Advocacy Center in UPMC Children’s Hospital, and Allegheny County Criminal, Juvenile and District Courts.
Logos and Social Media:
Laurie MacDonald, President/CEO
Tracey Provident, Vice President/CPO
Stephanie Walsh, Executive in Residence
What You Can Do:
- When a Community Crisis Occurs- Contact us immediately to provide immediate access to trained professionals
- Show the Community our Hotline Numbers on the ticker- anytime an event occurs that our services would be helpful to
- Call Us- For a Feature Story, to provide comment, to provide statistics, referrals and resources.
All Media is welcome to visit CV, attend our events and learn more about us! We are available to discuss current issues affecting the community: For more information, please email email@example.com